Stratos Title, LP (collectively, “ST,” “our,” or “we”) respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and protect personal information, when and to whom we disclose such information, and the choices you have about the use and disclosure of that information.
Types of Information Collected
We may collect two types of information from you: Personal Information and Browsing Information.
ST may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address);
- demographic information (e.g., date of birth, gender, marital status);
- identity information (e.g. Social Security Number, driver’s license, passport, or other government ID number);
- financial account information (e.g. loan or bank account information); and
- other personal information necessary to provide products or services to you.
Browsing Information. ST may automatically collect the following types of Browsing Information when you access an ST website, online service, or application (each an “ST Website”) from your Internet browser, computer, and/or mobile device:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address and operating system;
- browser version, language, and type;
- domain name system requests; and
- browsing history on the ST Website, such as date and time of your visit to the ST Website and visits to the pages within the ST Website.
How Personal Information is Collected
We may collect Personal Information about you from:
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- information about your transactions with ST, our affiliates, or others; and
- information we receive from consumer reporting agencies and/or governmental entities, either directly from these entities or through others.
How Browsing Information is Collected
If you visit or use an ST Website, Browsing Information may be collected during your visit. Like most websites, our servers automatically log each visitor to the ST Website and may collect the Browsing Information described above. We use Browsing Information for system administration, troubleshooting, fraud investigation, and to improve our websites. Browsing Information generally does not reveal anything personal about you, though if you have created a user account for an ST Website and are logged into that account, the ST Website may be able to link certain browsing activity to your user account.
Other Online Specifics
Cookies. When you visit an ST Website, a “cookie” may be sent to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Information gathered using cookies helps us improve your user experience. For example, a cookie can help the website load properly or can customize the display page based on your browser type and user preferences. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing your Internet browser settings. Be aware that doing so may impair or limit some functionality of the ST Website.
Web Beacons. We use web beacons to determine when and how many times a page has been viewed. This information is used to improve our websites.
Do Not Track. Currently our ST Websites do not respond to “Do Not Track” features enabled through your browser.
Use of Personal Information
ST uses Personal Information for three main purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To communicate with you about our, our affiliates’, and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently.
When Information Is Disclosed
We may make disclosures of your Personal Information and Browsing Information in the following circumstances:
- to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure;
- to nonaffiliated service providers who provide or perform services or functions on our behalf and who agree to use the information only to provide such services or functions;
- to nonaffiliated third party service providers with whom we perform joint marketing, pursuant to an agreement with them to jointly market financial products or services to you;
- to law enforcement or authorities in connection with an investigation, or in response to a subpoena or court order; or
- in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal process or applicable laws, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ST, its customers, or the public.
The law does not require your prior authorization and does not allow you to restrict the disclosures described above. Additionally, we may disclose your information to third parties for whom you have given us authorization or consent to make such disclosure. We do not otherwise share your Personal Information or Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as required or permitted by law.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, Browsing Information, and any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the ST business and/or assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership, or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. By submitting Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to ST, you expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings.
Please see “Choices With Your Information” to learn the disclosures you can restrict.
Security of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your Personal Information. We limit access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees who need to know that information to do their job. When we provide Personal Information to others as discussed in this Privacy Notice, we expect that they process such information in compliance with our Privacy Notice and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Choices With Your Information
If you do not want ST to share your information with our affiliates to directly market to you, you may send an “opt out” request by email, phone, or physical mail as directed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We do not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliates for their use to direct market to you.
Whether you submit Personal Information or Browsing Information to ST is entirely up to you. If you decide not to submit Personal Information or Browsing Information, ST may not be able to provide certain services or products to you.
For California Residents: We will not share your Personal Information or Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by California law.
For Nevada Residents: You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling (888) 934-3354 or by contacting us via the information set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: (702) 486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
For Oregon Residents: We will not share your Personal Information or Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
For Vermont Residents: We will not disclose information about you creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.
Information From Children
The ST Websites are meant for adults and are not intended or designed to attract persons under the age of eighteen (18).We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without permission from a parent or guardian.
ST’s headquarters is located within the United States. If you reside outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Information or Browsing Information to us, please note that we may transfer that information outside of your country of residence for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. By providing ST with your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information, you consent to our collection, transfer, and use of such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Your Consent To This Privacy Notice; Notice Changes
By submitting Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to ST, you consent to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. The revised Privacy Notice, showing the new revision date, will be posted on the ST Website. Each time you provide information to us following any amendment of this Privacy Notice, your provision of information to us will signify your assent to and acceptance of the terms of the revised Privacy Notice for all previously collected information and information collected from you in the future. We may use comments, information or feedback that you submit to us in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
Accessing and Correcting Information; Contact Us
If you have questions, would like to access or correct your Personal Information, or want to opt-out of information sharing for affiliate marketing, send your requests via email to email@example.com, by phone to (713) 600-0029, or by mail to:
Stratos Title, LP
1177 W Loop S, Ste 1700
Houston, TX 77027
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer